Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Beer Garden

So the boys from the pub have taken the plot next to mine - the Champion of the Thames PH finally has a beer garden, albeit 20 minutes bike ride from the actual pub. This is going to be fun. Roughly two of them have gardening knowledge and experience. There seem to be up to ten people involved, and a Jack Russell. I won't seem so stupid! And I might finally get the damn shed fixed.

Managed to break neighbour's fork handle hoiking out bramble stumps (cleared about 1 sq metre. There's just 35 sq metres to go. Wheee!) and had to leave very contrite note, written, of course, in bloody fountain pen as that was all I had and so will be blue blob by the time he reads it. Bought plastic handled piece of crap for a fiver from Lottie store. However, caught lucky break as neighbour was passing the Live and Let Live PH on Sunday night as I was leaving after finishing work (and heading to the Champ to drink gin, yes, obviously). Found out his name! Very excited but I'm not going to share it with you as he is still My Neighbour With The Big French Tool to me.

Planted stuff in newspaper pots. Updates as soon as nothing whatsoever happens.

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Just thought I'd say, Bupster, how funny I've found your posts. Don't often laugh out loud when reading Blog sites but I do when I read yours!

8:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to making paper pots, I now have something to do in the evenings, hooray! Very nice blog by the way, it makes me laff

4:47 pm  
Blogger Bupster said...

Sad, isn't it? Be warned, the Grauniad makes lovely pots but covers you and the carpet and everything you touch with newsprint. Including the sink where you try to wash it off.

4:30 pm  
Anonymous wenxuan choo said...

Nice share thanks for posting

9:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama

BritBlog Needs You! Top of the British Blogs